Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

It's a New Year and with that comes a time to renew, refocus, and regroup.  Although I am over a month late.....

So the tablets are on their way back; as it looks now, next school year.  We have received numerous requests from the county to fill out questionnaires and reflections about the PACE initiative, giving teacher's a voice and opinion.  Our in house Technology guy has also sent out his own call for feedback and opened discussions about how it will look and run in our school; what worked and what didn't.  And tomorrow I attend the first county PACE meeting as the teacher representative from my school. (I should get all the updates on the initiative there.)  Post soon to follow.

Meanwhile, the wifi fairies have been diligently been rewiring and placing WAPS in every mobile.  Yay!

I just completed a really cool video; actually Robin Britt (AKA:  TECH. GUY) just completed a really cool video about "Personalizing by flexing the environment".  Link soon to follow.

So there are 2 new teaching resolutions on the table that must have my complete focus and direction right now.  One is to continue my pursuit of a classroom that promotes personalized learning.  The second is to complete my National Board Renewal.  Both of which I am hoping to intertwine and mesh into one big pedagogical smoothie.

Coming back from holiday break has been so difficult.  We've maybe had 2 full weeks due to delays, early dismissal, and this huge snow storm  My brain; turned off and relaxed. Then BAM! all the sudden back to making 1,000 decisions every minute.  Tough transition!  Mix that with the holiday post blues and bitter cold and this just pounds any motivation or drive that may be stirring.

But we definitely have some exciting things coming and a whole lot to talk about......


Comments